Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist students in postsecondary planning (college, military, workforce, career).
- Provide short-term social and emotional counseling.
- Advises and counsels students regarding academic planning and goal setting.
- Collaborate with school staff and community resources.
- Analyze student data to identify student issues, needs and challenges.
- Make referrals to long-term supports.
- Mediate conflict between students and teachers.
College and Career Counselor (Victoria Ragone)
- Prepare career education and instructional materials for use by teachers and students.
- Assist students with post-secondary planning.
- Support students, staff and parents in using Naviance.
- Prepare and present grade appropriate guidance lessons.
- Plan, organize, develop and implement college, military, career events and publications.
- Schedule visitations by representatives from local colleges.
Crisis Counselor/SAC (Nakia Davis-Bell)
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Develop intervention strategies to increase academic success.
- Assist with conflict resolution and anger management.
- Assist parents in accessing and utilizing school and community resources.
- Assess students with mental health concerns.
- Provide counseling services to students regarding substance abuse and other behavioral or mental health issues.
- Conduct group counseling with students.
HAWK Center (Diana Staino)
Keeping students on track
- Freshman Mentorship
- Character Education Program
- I&RS and small group session s for academic/motivational supports
- FAMILY FRIDAY (REVAMP)
- Naviance Curriculum
- Developing Wellness programs based on requests for referrals/needed supports
- Monthly newsletter to keep parents informed
- Reach out to outside agencies for supports
(609) 625-2249 ex: 1137
(609) 625-2249 ex: 1142
(609) 625-2249 ex: 1146
(609) 625-2249 ex: 1145
(609) 625-2249 ex: 1147
Supervisor of Guidance
(609) 625-2249 ex: 3360
(609) 625-2249 ex: 3359
(609) 625-2249 ex: 1143
(609) 625-2249 ex: 1251
College & Career Counselor
(609) 625-2249 ex: 3361
(609) 625-2249 ex: 1144