Special Education Parent Advisory Group
WHO WE ARE
The Special Education Parent Advisory Group (SEPAG), is a group of parents and educators working together to help children with special educational needs at the Atlantic County Institute of Technology. SEPAG meets yearly to offer a forum for parents to provide input to the district on issues concerning students with disabilities, as well as to gain valuable information about a variety of topics relevant to parents and families of students with disabilities. There is a significant relationship between family involvement and student success; therefore, we welcome participation of all parents who have a student(s) with an IEP.
OUR MISSION AND GOALS
The Atlantic County Institute of Technology Special Education Parent Advisory Group (SEPAG) works for the understanding of, respect for and support of all children with special needs in our community.
SEPAG will work to:
- Provide direct input on the policies, programs and practices that impact services and supports for children with disabilities and their families.
- Promote a network for parents of children with special needs in our district and provide a form to share information.
- Conduct informational meetings on topics of interest for families of students who receive special education and/or educational support services.
- Facilitate communication between parents and educators of students with special needs.
- Promote and support an innovative educational environment where children with special needs will have equal access to educational opportunities, and a school/community environment where all children are encouraged to reach their full potential.
- Meeting dates will be determined annually
- Please note that this is not the forum for a discussion about individual students or your child’s IEP. Topics are limited to those that impact all students or a group of students.