Admissions » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

You probably have a lot of questions about pursuing an alternative to conventional high school. Here are some answers:
  1. What does it cost to attend ACIT?
    As a public school, there is no cost to Atlantic County residents of high school age. New Jersey Title 18A:54-20.1 entitles students the right to choose ACIT for their high school education.
  2. Where is ACIT located?
    The campus is located at 5080 Atlantic Avenue in Mays Landing, NJ 08330
  3. How do I get into ACIT?
    Your sending district provides transportation to and from our school. 
  4. Can I go to college if I go to ACIT?
    Yes! We have graduates in private and public colleges and universities and other post-secondary institutions throughout the country. Some of our programs even earn you college credits before graduation. Scholarships are available based on a student’s abilities and achievements. 
  5. I can take similar classes at my high school. Why should I  go to ACIT?
    Our students spend approximately 1,000 hours in their academy and career majors over their four years here. 
  6. What does a day at ACIT look like?
    We follow block scheduling which provides extended periods to allow for optimal hands-on learning. You will cycle through four 84-minute blocks in a school day.
  7. How do I apply at ACIT?
    You can apply to our school online at or have a paper application mailed to you by contacting our Admissions Coordinator using the contact information at the top of this page. Once you’ve filled out this application, turn it in to your school’s guidance counselor for review, completion and submittal to ACIT. We recommend following up with your counselor after a week or two to ensure your application has been completed and sent to us.
  8. Is there a parent organization at ACIT?
    Yes, it’s called the Red Hawk Family School Association (Red Hawk FSA).
  9. Who should I call if I have more questions?
    You can contact the admissions coordinator using the contact information at the top of this page.s
  10. What if my student receives testing Accommodations?
    If the applicant receives testing accommodations as part of an IEP or 504 Plan, please email a copy of the IEP / 504 documentation indicating the accommodations needed for testing to Kelly Hoey at [email protected] for consideration. Failure to submit this documentation will result in the applicant not receiving accommodations for the Admissions Assessment. Please be aware that submission of accommodations may result in a change to your initially scheduled assessment date. You will be notified of your rescheduled placement test date and time.