Cooperative Education is a partnership between education, employers, with a goal of offering students education, training, and work based experiences that will lead to high skilled well paying careers.
The structured method of combining classroom based education with practical work experience helps young people to make the school to work transition.
The internship experience gives students a chance to gain real world, hands on experience, make lasting professional connections, and discover more about their interest and proficiency along a specific career path. Internship experiences are linked to students' future career goals in order to make learning more engaging and relevant.
- Academy or Career Technical Programs can participate
- Must be career / program related
- Must have good attendance
- Recommendations from teachers and school guidance counselor
- May begin summer of junior year or second semester senior year
For more information on Cooperative Education please contact Gina DeMaio