Our global society and the digital age have transformed education by providing students with powerful technological tools and virtual learning opportunities that connect students to the world’s learning resources. These tools expand student learning networks through online research, rich learning activities, and real-world applications. Technology supports the acquisition of enduring and conceptual understandings that will enable students to build foundational knowledge and make connections that deepen their comprehension.
Atlantic County Institute of Technology, in an effort to ensure students are equipped with the tools, skills, and knowledge necessary to maximize this potential, has initiated a one-to-one program—student to computing device—which will provide Chromebooks for individual student use that is integral to curriculum and lead to achievements beyond what can be accomplished with traditional print resources.
The goals of this initiative are to:
- promote students with the technology necessary to facilitate optimal learning opportunities and expand the personal boundaries of what they can accomplish
- increase efficient use of technology in the classroom
- assist teachers in individualizing and differentiating instruction as well as shifting the responsibility of learning to students
- promote collaboration and increase student engagement while building capacity for students and teachers to share best practices in their school and around the world
- assist students in developing the skills and acquiring the knowledge needed for a successful future beyond high school.